January Training Details
It is up to each rower to improve and build their own fitness during the break!
- To ensure this occurs, we ask that you do at least 15km of running each week during the holiday period.
- This can be done in smaller lots, though no less than 3km
- Lake Ngaroto run is 5.7kms
- Hill and stair running are strongly encouraged to build leg strength
- A Kakepuku or Hakarimata Summit Track runs every 3 days will improve strength and endurance
- Get creative and google for different places to explore and train at the same time
- Staying local during the break? On water, erg or Kakapuka training as a group is an option
- Interested? Please get in contact with Paul and times will be set based on numbers and availability
How are we going to know you do 15km?
- Please use and download – Map My Run or Runtastic phone app
- Available on android and apple phones
- You can set up challenges with your crew and other friends
- When we get together after the break, we will be reviewing what you have been up to.
Fitness training camp – Tuesday, 8 January to Friday, 11 January
- Please confirm attendance asap
- Parents please indicate if you can assist with transport and supervision on the days away from Lake Ngaroto
- Rowers to supply own food and liquid hydration for the duration of training
- Sun protection and appropriate footwear, training clothing, sweat towels and spare clothing is a must
- Bring own first aid supplies for blisters
Check out the calendar for day by day details. Any questions please get in contact.